During the summer severe storms can cause strong winds, lightning, heavy rain, and even tornadoes. This New England weathe can often times cause substantial damage to your home. By taking a few precautions you can try and minimize the chances of your home being damaged.
- Close all the windows and doors in your home
- Cut down any tree branches that could possibly break nearby windows during high winds
- Check your gutters to make sure they are secured onto the home
- Scan the roof for any loose shingles that may need to be secured
- Bring in or secure any outdoor furniture so it does not get damaged. Placing it in the garage may be a safe spot.
- Ensure all pets are inside
- Stay out of any pools or water
- Have flashlights ready in the event that power is lost